(CANCELLED) Precinct Delegate Orientation & Training
Democratic Precinct Delegates of Oakland County (DPDOC) in cooperation with the Michigan Democratic Party and the Oakland County Democratic Party announces...
Precinct Delegate Orientation & Training: What you need to know about what it means to be a Precinct Delegate and how to get elected or re-elected for this office in 2020
This Orientation and Training is perfect for first-time candidates for Precinct Delegate who are considering taking this important step to help elect Democrats. It is also suitable for current or returning Precinct Delegates who would like a refresher or to check out what's new!
Topics to be covered:
- Precinct Delegate job description
- Review of Precinct Delegate handbook
- Canvassing tips and techniques
- New voter laws and voter rights
- ONE campaign and candidate campaigns
- Frequently asked questions
- Sample handouts and resources
- Brief introduction to Minivan
- Your next steps
The one-page "Affidavit of Identity" form will be available should you decide to run or re-run in 2020. A notary will be on hand and the form will be delivered for you to the Oakland County Elections Division. There is no charge for the notary or to file.
Register by email to email@example.com - please indicate which date you plan to attend
Presenters will include:
- Laurie Evans & Theresa Fougnie, Co-Chairs of the Recruitment & Training Committee
- John & Susan Erich, DPDOC Co-Chairs
DPDOC is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to recruiting and training Precinct Delegates in Oakland County. Find us on Facebook at "Democratic Precinct Delegates of Oakland County". Ask to join this closed group for current information relevant to PD's or those planning to run for PD. Be sure to answer the 3 brief questions. For more information check out our website at DPDOC.org or email DPDOCinfo@gmail.com.