About the OCDP
The Oakland County Democratic Party is a 527 organization whose mission is to promote social and economic justice by building an engaged, diverse, Democratic majority in Oakland County in order to enhance the quality of life for all.
Membership is open to all Oakland County residents who are eligible to vote. Our Executive Committee meets the second Tuesday of each Month at 7:00 PM. Currently, most meetings are held at the Plumbers Union Hall, 555 Horace Brown Drive, Madison Heights, MI 48071. Occasionally, meetings are held in other parts of the county, check the calendar for specific details. These meetings are free and open to the public. Please join us!
Updated OCDP Bylaws were passed in July 2020. Special thank you to the OCDP Rules and Bylaws Committee for all of their hard work.
You can read the OCDP Bylaws HERE
The OCDP Officers are directly responsible for financial and strategic decisions within the organization and are elected by the Executive Committee. Get to know our Officers and Standing Committee Chairs by clicking HERE!
- Jody LaMacchia, Chair
- Carlos Cross, 1st Vice-Chair
- Wanda Anderson, Vice-Chair
- Ray Wert, Vice-Chair
- Sharon Kelly-Person, Vice-Chair
- Kevin Hrit, Corresponding Secretary
- Julia Galliker, Recording Secretary
- Phillip Reid, Treasurer
- Murray Gorchow, Parliamentarian
- Anthony Grillo, Sergeant-At-Arms
- Brian Dunphy, 8th District Representative
- Jenny Byer, 9th District Representative
- Carla Meier, 11th District Representative
- Loretta Coleman, 14th District Representative
- Kelly Dillaha, Officer-at-Large, Elected
- Brittany Pinnock, Officer-at-Large, Elected
- Nash Salami, Officer-at-Large, Elected
- Nancy Quarles, Officer-at-Large, Elected
- Joseph Person, Officer-at-Large, Elected
- Gloria Harsten-Spann, Officer-at-Large, Elected
- Dana Fortier, Officer-at-Large, Appointed
- Tom Regan, Officer-at-Large, Appointed
- Jessica Lumbreras, Officer-at-Large, Appointed
- Regina Strong, Officer-at-Large, Appointed
- Dr. Melanie Hartman, Officer-at-Large, Appointed
- Francine Melotti, Officer-at-Large, Appointed
- Alex Barshaw, Director of Operations
The Executive Committee
The number of Executive Committee members changes based on the number of Democratic candidates nominated in the prior election cycle. Currently, the Executive Committee consists of about 150 people: approximately one-third of whom are the most recent Democratic nominees for county-wide office, county commission, state house, state senate, and U.S. House of Representatives, whose districts include all or part of Oakland County. The remaining people are elected at the County Convention held shortly after the November general election in even-numbered years. Each Democratic Club is allotted a certain percent of the slots; club members vote to determine who from the club’s area will serve on the Executive Committee. Committee members serve for a two-year term.
Current members are listed under the CLUBS menu; see your specific club.
For a full list of Executive Committee Members (2021-2022), click here.
The first order of its business is to elect the OCDP Chairperson and Officers. Thereafter the committee conducts its work at monthly meetings where it hears reports from the Chair and Committee Chairpersons and functions as oversight to the Officers.
In addition, the members serve on one of the nine standing committees specified in the OCDP bylaws:
Sign up to join a committee HERE!
Communications - Barb Anness
Political Organizing - Debbie Rosenman
Rules & Bylaws - Kim Somsky
Finance - Dr. Theresa Brooks
Resolutions - Ravi Yalamanchi
Membership - Nancy Quarles
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Mikal Goodman
Community Support - Lisa Kiefer
Young Democrats - Caprice Jackson
Recent committee accomplishments include: planning and development of an OCDP app, planning and staffing of the inaugural Top Golf fundraising event, staffing of an OCDP booth at Arts Beats and Eats in 2019, revision of the bylaws previously last revised in 2011, and development of a budget.