Make Oakland County Green
Make Oakland County Green - Hosted by Michigan Sierra Club, Clean Water Action Michigan, and Michigan League of Conservation Voters
On February 24, we will unveil the first-ever major climate platform for Oakland County supported by the Sierra Club, Clean Water Action, Michigan League of Conservation Voters, NAACP, Michigan Coalition of Human Rights, Southeast Michigan Jobs with Justice and MORE!
- Introduction: Sierra Club's Andrew Sarpolis
- Guest Speaker: NAACP's Kimathi Boothe
- Guest Speaker: Sunrise Movement Youth
- Unveiling the Climate Jobs and Justice Platform
- Fred Miller, Sierra Club
- Diana Faraj, League of Conservation Voters
- Meredith Gilles, Clean Water Action
- How Do We Get Change? A participatory discussion
Join us as we launch a people-centered campaign to make our cities, townships, and municipalities leaders on this issue. Other places like Washtenaw County are already taking leadership. Can Oakland County be next?