COVID-19 Info & Resources
How can I help those in need?
- The State of Michigan and Governor Whitmer created a volunteer website that you can use to find out how/where you can help in your communities.
- The Red Cross is experiencing a severe blood shortage and is in immediate need of blood donors. If you are healthy, please consider donating blood.
- One of Oakland County's largest nonprofits, Lighthouse, is in need of food and supplies for local families. If you are able, or if you bought too much food while you were stocking up, please consider donating.
- United Way of Southeastern Michigan has teamed up with corporations, nonprofits, and foundations to create a COVID-19 community response fund to address many needs and shortages for those in the area.
- Gleaners Community Food Bank operates distribution centers in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, and Monroe counties, providing food to over 500 partner soup kitchens. If you are able, please consider donating to get food to those who need it.
Where can I get more information?
For more information about Michigan and the Coronavirus, please visit these websites:
Oakland County Government set up a text-update system for COVID-19. To receive the Oakland County COVID-19 Vaccination Newsletter, register your email address at www.oaklandcountyvaccine.com or text OAKGOV COVID to 468311.
We encourage you to follow Govornor Gretchen Whitmer to stay up-to-date regarding Executive Orders, press conferences, and any changes in Michigan.